Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Where the Heart Leads.......

Where the heart leads when there is no payoff?

Recently a friend shared this within a rather string of appreciations on http://www.dailyappreciations.net/

Immediately, it led my mind to ponder......

For days it entered my mind. The answer was always the same-
to heal bodies, spirits and minds and bridge divides- HEAL WORLDS

I realize that many persons believe this is too simple.
Perhaps, it is. Yet, I see so many connections. Midst my quest for healing, the discovery
of so many intertwining practices, belief systems and the links extending from antiquity through to present day, I see the invisible, intangible strings of healing and continuity illuminate across time, space and culture. Of course, I realize that technology and methods of production and interventions have also transformed, but more importantly realize that the basic needs of man are constant.

Illness is a journey of the soul. Any illness, whether it is a cold, flu, chronic or acute greatly affects levels of social participation, restorative methods, interactions, beliefs and associated rituals embedded within everyday living. Whether you live in the developed world or lesser developed states, illness is a human experience.

In some respects, I think it has often been my greatest teacher. It has led my mind to ponder the multifaceted, interdependent existence of life. It often turns my thoughts to mutual reciprocity not only as a sacred contract between and among men but also with Mother Nature and the Universe. Then, of course, spirituality resonates within this sacred pact. It plays a significant role of the human existence, of discerning the world relatively unforseeable and unknown to us, of mediating the divide between the tangible and the mysterious and ways of knowing. For many, faith is the light of hope, of love, and of acceptance. it is that which shields, which heals. It is, inexplicably, part of the equation of ways in which we are human.

True healing, as I have learned through my varied studies of traditional healing methods, especially Chinese medicine, zhong yi, perhaps more fully highlights this. It realizes the interactive nature of life, of change and the role of one's constitution/genetics. It explains and understands these changes in ways modern medicine cannot yet express. Yet, I have hope that one day, the marriage of medicines will occur and both the life cultivating, life restorative practices and the doctors who engage them will be equally valued and engaged accordingly.

In my heart of hearts, anyone who knows me, truly knows this. I wish I could alleviate all suffering with the wave of a hand or the magic wand, but alas, I lost that ability long ago. (grin) If any of my experience, however, saves one person undue suffering or levels of illness, then my life has had meaning.

I wish for 2008, a year of more fully engaged True Healing, the networking of healers and appreciation of each other, more fully engaged conversations and exchanges, yielding collective knowledge and valued expertise. I wish more people would listen to the universe and honour the sacred contracts granted with each life. Much more than this, I wish all those afflicted and/or affected by chronic, acute and temporary illnesses realize they are loved, valued and appreciated, and perhaps, even blessed with the journey of illness and quest for recovery. I wish you happiness and health- True healing now and always! I treasure each and every one of you! Namaste

With that, I pass on a New Year's Wish from Dr. Amit K Saiya, an amazing doctor of energy healing in India, wishing you these blessings in 2008 and always :

"May you find eternal peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holiday".

Hugs and love to all of you!
湘君

No comments: